24 Oct 6 concrete cases of data marketing valorization in museums
6 Concrete Cases of DATA VALORIZATION IN MUSEUMS
Find out how data analysis can significantly improve the museum experience and marketing!
What would your museum look like if it was flownfrom the data? In recent years, museums have been using data analysis . It allows them to find solutions to long-standing problems. For example, creating sustainable sources of revenue , and generate audiences. Also we propose you to discover several examples of marketing initiatives for the valorisation of your data.
6 evidence-informed museum decisions
#6 - The Colorado Historical Center - Denver, Colorado
- Challenge: Difficulties in attracting and engaging new visitors.
- Proposal: Determine typical visitor behaviours to target and satisfy various audiences.
- Results : Based on the analysis of data on admissions, activities, works, catering and subscriptions to understand consumer behaviour. The reports then showed that more than 40% of visitors are families. As a result, the Historic Centre quickly redesigned its educational programs, exhibitions and loyalty plans to adapt them to families.
#5 - The Reina Sofía National Museum - Madrid, Spain
- Challenge: Understand tourist attendance trends for a temporary Picasso exhibition.
- Proposal: Analyze internal visitor statistics to better understand tourism trends.
- Results: The study showed that 680,000 people from 189 countries visited the exhibition, with an average of 4,800 daily visitors. More than 60% of the visitors came from abroad and, among them, the most common countries of origin were Italy (17% of the total), France (11%), Germany (7%), the United States (7%), Great Britain (5.6%), Japan (1.4%) and Portugal (1.3%).
#4 - The Spencer Art Museum - Lawrence, Kansas
- Challenge: Connect artist location data to over 45,000 objects.
- Proposal: Create a program that lists past artist residencies and where the works were created.
- Results : The curators used it to plan an exhibition. And the software was used to identify hard-to-find objects in the current database.
#3 - United States Holocaust Memorial Museum - Washington, D.C.
- Challenge: To evaluate the new state-supported initiative to monitor violence.
- Proposal: Validate the initiative using a data analysis approach.
- Results : Algorithms developed further predicted where this type of violence is most likely to occur within the next 2 years.
#2 - The Chicago Art Institute - Chicago, Illinois
- Business Challenge: To increase revenue through growth in the number of paid visitors.
- Proposal: Take advantage of museum ground beacons to track the comings and goings of visitors and the time spent in specific galleries.
- Results : Promotion of galleries with high visitor engagement to increase revenue from paid admissions by 34% between 2015 and 2019.
#1 - Fenimore Museum of Art - Cooperstown, NY
- Challenge: Understand the relationship between advertising channels (radio, TV, digital and print) and ticket sales at a major exhibition.
- Proposal: Compare purchases of geographic ads with the postal codes of the tickets sold.
- Results : Subsequently, increased visitation to the 10 postal codes from which the majority of visitors originate through a data-centric recommendation to focus on radio advertising.
Would you like to carry out a data & CDM diagnosis of your organisation? Take advantage of 30 minutes of free consulting by reserving your time.
Share this article with your friends!
Discover the latest articles
- Earth Day: What if we automatically delete expired emails from our recipients' email boxes? April 20th, 2021
- Recrewteer : Your volunteer management solution April 12, 2021
- Professional Sport: [Round Table] Creating an omni-channel universe and monetizing your fans' data March 31st, 2021
- Data & Tourism: Your competitiveness depends on your data March 31st 2021
Read more on our data & entertainment blog:
Visitor experience and attendance: Take control with your data. Our solutions, before, during and after your event.
Centralizing data to enhance the experience of audiences: an example of application to the Domaine de Chantilly x Arenametrix.
To conclude a year 2020 rich in news, we present a selection of our best articles on places to visit.